Identification & Functionality
- Chemical Family
- Polymer Name
- Plastics & Elastomers Functions
Features & Benefits
- Labeling Claims
- Materials Features
- Benefits of Using PIR-Grade Products from AdvanSix
- No compromise in performance or processability
- Greater recycled resin content less virgin resin) in end products
- Smaller anticipated environmental footprint
- No costly requalification needed for existing customers
- No added food contact concerns
- Cost-effective path to sustainability
Applications & Uses
- Plastics & Elastomers End Uses
- Plastics & Elastomers Processing Methods
Aegis® PIR-MBM is a terminated, non-delustered, bright medium dye, medium viscosity nylon 6 resin for carpet fiber and synthetic turf extrusion applications.
- Processing Guidelines
Aegis® PIR-MBM is supplied in sealed containers and drying prior to processing is not required. However, higher moisture is the primary cause of processing issues. If drying becomes necessary, a dehumidifying or desiccant dryer operating at 80°C (176°F) is recommended. Drying time is dependent on moisture level. More information about safe handling procedures can be obtained by requesting the Safety Data Sheet.
- The Best of Both Worlds: Trusted Performance and Sustainability
New PIR-grade products from AdvanSix offer manufacturers an opportunity to get the best of both worlds: trusted performance AND a reduced environmental footprint.
Because these products offer the same excellent physical and mechanical properties as their traditional counterparts, customers can also expect:
- A seamless path to producing more sustainable downstream products.
- No costly requalification process.
- No issues related to collection contamination or food contact.
- No issues typically associated with post-consumer recycled nylon.
Now manufacturers have the means of retaining packaging performance with raw materials that can help improve their reputation for sustainability. See Table 1 for application examples.
Table 1: Opportunities for PIR-Grade Nylon 6 Products
Opportunities Application Examples Products requiring compliance with FDA regulations
- Food and medical packaging
Products having rigorous performance requirements
- Thermoformed/shrink meat packaging
- Medical device packaging
Packaging that is traditionally difficult to recycle
- Bag-in-box beverage packaging
Applications that cannot tolerate contamination of color/odor
- Light-colored carpets
- Food packaging
Any end-product that customers want to align to their corporate sustainability goals.
- Reduced virgin raw materials
- Increased recycle content
- Reduced environmental footprint
- Typical Properties
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Extractable Content||max. 1.1||%||SOP-702-307|
|Melting Point||220 (428)||ºC (ºF)||ASTM D-3418|
|Moisture Content||max. 0.15||%||ASTM D-6869|
|Viscosity (FAV)||61 ± 3||-||ASTM D-789|